This list is from one of my favourite blogs that I subscribe to. The JacoBlog from Jacob’s Media is one of the most insightful subscriptions I have as it is very relevant to my media sales career because of the many useful takeaways I can share with my customers.
So here’s our list of the 10 things you can learn about life from radio DJs:
1. What you sound like and what you look like are often two very different things. (Of course, that works both ways.)
2. 60 seconds is a LONG time.
3. Great storytelling requires a beginning, a middle, and an end.
4. There is no substitute for great preparation.
5. Being honest and real is the most effective way to communicate.
6. Know your audience and tailor your content appropriately.
7. Interact kindly with everyone – you never know who will help you out…or hurt you.
8. Talking endlessly about yourself is rarely entertaining.
9. Get to the point – attention spans are getting shorter.
10. Roll with the punches – on the air and in life, things often don’t go as planned.
And here’s your bonus:
11. There will always be people who have nothing nice to say about you. It has little to do with you and everything to do with them.